Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Laundry

Unsurprisingly with four children, I do a lot of laundry. So while we are planning the arrangement for our the laundry room, master bathroom and all, I asked that we find some way to put a pass-through door from the master suite into the laundry room-- sort of like a sideways laundry chute. So our architect added one to our plans. I'll be able to stick clothes from the master closet right into the laundry and send them back the other way.



Also dropping into the laundry room will be a laundry chute for the clothes from upstairs. We had one in the house I grew up in in Ohio and I loved being able to through my clothes down, although I confess to often stuffing too much down at once and having to find a broom to unjam the thing. Maybe it will encourage the kids to pick up their laundry, at least until the novelty wears off.

No comments: