Friday, March 09, 2007

Deadlines

A week ago, we put our current house on the market. We got one person who was desperate to see it that night, so we were disappointed the next morning to hear that it wasn't what they were looking for. We had one showing on Saturday, but never heard anything. Our open house was on Sunday and we returned home afterwards to be greeted at the front gate by our realtor with the news that we not only had an offer, but an offer for more than the asking price. I guess location really is everything. Too bad we are moving to a less desirable one.

Anyway, assuming the appraisal and inspection go well, which we have no reason to believe they won't, we'll be closing in mid-April. Which means we really need to get things moving along at the Big Purple House. Right now there isn't a working bathroom, kitchen or laundry room. In fact, the water is totally shut off over there and the only "plumbing" is the port-a-potty in the front yard.

However, great strides have been made in that department in the last two days. I believe that by the end of today, the plumbing for most, if not all, of the downstairs will be roughed in. If we can get our concrete guys in to cover things back up and get the sub-floor down next week, perhaps we could be ready for tile very soon.

Naturally, I've been working on something pretty much unimportant. I put in the contract that I wanted to divide plants and take some things with me. So I've been out digging up the flower beds, dividing almost everything. Where I'll put things over at the purple house where there are no flower beds at present, is another question.

1 comment:

Lenise said...

Congratulations on the quick sale! I'm sure the fact that you had it landscaped perfectly probably helped. I'm sure you also found places for all your stuff, what with the storage annex and all- I bet your house showed like a dream. We've actually made some improvements around here since we came off the market. It's still crowded and messy, but less so. Baby steps...