Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Plant Nursery


DSCF4234
Originally uploaded by JordanaA.
When we got a contract on our house, I insisted that we include a line saying that I got to divide perennials and bulbs. That's all well and good and I've been dividing my heart out. Unfortunately, there aren't any nice flower beds at the Purple House to put the plants in. So, I've taken over a few spots, including this crummy bed by the back patio, as plant nurseries to keep my babies alive until I have time to dig them proper homes.

I really want to take cuttings from the two climbing roses I planted last year, but I don't know where to put them so they can climb to their hearts' contents while I figure out permanent locations for them. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No suggestions, but sympathy. When I sold my previous house, the good news was that the new owners said I could take EVERYTHING - since to them it's a weekend retreat, they planned to make the yard as zero maintenance as possible.

But then again, the BAD news is that I need to make this happen before April 15. So far I've gotten all the big stuff over (roses, hydrangia, lilac, azaleas, stuff like that) but I have a zillion perinneals that still need to be transplanted.

I am seriously considering approaching a green-thumbed friend who is currently between jobs and asking if I can pay her to take care of it. I'm just going to dig up a long row along my driveway to stick everything in, since I have zero recollection as to which plants are what (I have about 20+ varieties of daylily for example). I'll need to watch them come up, see what they are, THEN decide where to put them.